Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Whitney Pugh Renewed

This story is sending chills down my back and has me perked up in my seat by the end of the first page.  Whitney's ability to portray an interview with the devil is remarkable.  Jesus, the depiction of being inducted into a cult is incredibly scary and realistic in this story.  Whitney's illustration of a weak man who is willing to conform to the ludicrous faith of a criminal that he interviewed in a jail cafeteria give me images of Silence of The Lambs meets David Koresh.  This story is extremely intriguing, and kept me glued to the document window.  The narrator describing his girlfriend as a good fit amongst book shelves is scary chauvinistic. Whitney did a great job of depicting the persuasion of a demon.

The conversation about the narrator's home life seems a little bit unbelievable, I don't see that a reporter would so willingly dive into their personal life with the leader of a cult. also the use of ellipses kind of take me out of the story, i think a hyphen might serve better, it's just really choppy.

Overall this was a really fast and enjoyable story, the majority of the dialogue and character development is really realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment